Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Peach Pie anyone?





I made the most delicious, not to mention pretty peach pie yesterday. Before I left for my trip, a friend had brought over a basket of peaches from the local orchard. By the time I got back, they were absolutely golden rip---and so juicy---you know the kind.....by the second bite, juice is running down into your hand. And, they were soo sweet. So, I decided to make a pie. On my trip to Nebraska, we went to Williams and Sonoma and I got some really cute pie crust cutters ( as well as a few other treats ; -) and I was really wanting to try them out!




I like my peaches sliced thick for my pies and cobblers





My Uncle Roger taught me how to make that perfect flaky pie crust
Ready for the filling!





Here are my new cutters





What a beautiful pie!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Look at the gorgeous pie you made! I absolutely love the little leaf prints you used, almost a shame to eat it... ah, you'll just have to send it to me to save yourself the grief! :)

Roxy said...

Looks delish!!I won't tell Jay because he'll want one!! He's already been asking about Ribs for the week-end...but too much going on! Maybe next week-end? Are you busy....and then we could cook them for YOU!!! You just bring the pie? So glad your'e BACK home!
Roxy